I Graduated from St. Petersburg State University, the Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, Software Engineering Department. In 2012 completed a year-long course on molecular biology and bioinformatics at Bioinformatics Institute.
My main research interests are human aging mechanisms, human epigenetics, DNA methylation, and integrational data analysis of epigenetic data. Also, I'm interested in Deep Learning and develop IoT as hobby projects.
I teach "Epigenetics" in the international Master's Degree Program Bioinformatics and Systems Biology at St. Petersburg ITMO University, "Bioinformatics methods for epigenetics data" in Bioinformatics Institute, and mentor student projects in St. Petersburg ITMO University, Bioinformatics Institute and Higher School of Economics.
2012 – now Researcher at JetBrains Research, BioLabs Group.
2020 – now PhD student in computational biology at St. Petersburg ITMO University.
2006 – 2012 Participated in the development of major JetBrains products: IntelliJ IDEA and TeamCity. I was one of the key developers in the RubyMine project, an integrated development environment for Ruby programming language and Ruby-based web frameworks.
2005 – 2006 Developer at the Apache Harmony - an Open Source Java SE Implementation.
2005 – 2008 Participated in various projects related to Domain-Specific Languages and Visual Modeling.
- Teacher at "Epigenetics" module in the international Master's Degree Program Bioinformatics and Systems Biology at St. Petersburg ITMO University, 2020
- Certificate Deep Learning nanodegree program at Udacity, 2020
- Teacher at "Bioinformatics methods for epigenetics data" in Bioinformatics Institute, 2019
- Speaker at Bioinformatics Institute Summer School, Moscow, 2019
- Assistant at Systems Biology Workshop by IFMO university, Bioinformatics Insitute and Washington University in St.Louis, 2019
- Teacher at "Epigenetics" module in the international Master's Degree Program Bioinformatics and Systems Biology at St. Petersburg ITMO University, 2019
- Speaker at `ChIP-Seq Data Analysis Workshop` by Washington University in St.Louis, 2019
- Semi-supervised solution for robust peak calling of Low Input ChIP-Seq, a poster at ECCB, 2018
Was a mentor in more than 7 student projects including Master's degree supervising:
- Kalinin V., Masters 'GEO Data Server'
SPAN Peak Analyzer and JBR Genome Browser can be used separately as general-purpose peak caller and genome browser, respectively. However, together, they can serve as a complete solution for peak calling. The semi-supervised peak calling approach is capable of improving peaks consistency in datasets with different signal-to-noise ratio, as well as obtaining the best peak calling results for individual samples.
Snakecharm is a plugin for PyCharm and any other IntellIJ platform-based IDEs providing rich editing and refactoring capabilities for Snakemake programming language.
JBR - genome browser with peak calling functionality, multiple locations mode, and more
CMeth CompletedCMeth is a tool for analysing and comparing replicated WGBS data
- DNA Methylation analysis
- SPAN Semi-supervised peak calling & JBR Genome browser
- SnakeCharm Plugin