Internship at Mobile Robot Algorithms Laboratory / Internship
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Project goals include:
- Create a framework that acts as a constructor of SLAM algorithms (researchers connect available components and add necessary modifications).
- Implement a full set of basic components that can be assembled into the most common (fundamental) SLAM algorithms.
- Create an infrastructure and tools for debugging and analyzing SLAM algorithms.
We develop software for Linux and ROS.
Work packages / current roadmap
- Support components for graph-based SLAM methods.
- ROS SLAM Testing Farm (virtualized, container based environment, for semi-autonomous SLAM algorithms testing).
- SLAM datasets service.
- Visual odometry framework which will allow the use of a broad range of methods, including Machine Learning and others.
- Multi-robot SLAM implementation (including testing ROS over DDS [aka ROS2] concept).
Strong requirements: Linux, C++, and Probability theory.
Would be useful: understanding ROS concepts and experience in computer vision.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.